Friday, August 15, 2008

"Rejoice in the wife of your youth" Proverbs 5:18


Obeying the command of God, I rejoice in the wife of my youth. I do so eagerly. Why? For many reasons, including:

She loves me a lot, but she loves the Lord a lot more.

She makes sure that I eat like a duke every day.

She reads voraciously, especially the Bible, which she reveres.

She loves people with warmth and charm, and she really means it.

She is a nurturing mother and now grandmother. (Yes, that cute girl is a grandmother!)

She has never forced me to choose between herself and God but has always urged me to put God first, no matter what the cost.

She fears nothing but sin.

She longs for heaven.

She prays like a saint.

She believes in me and has high expectations of me, and I want to live up to that.

She is patient with me when I am troubled.

She makes our home a clean, orderly, pleasant environment I like returning to every night.

She looks great in a deer stand, wearing camo, with her 270 across her lap.

She is kind even to our dog.

There are, I admit, a few things I don't like about my wife. One, she won't let me grow a pony tail. Two, she won't let me be a slob. Three, she rolls her eyes when I whine and complain. Four, she likes to save money rather than spend it. Five, she likes to throw things out rather than store them forever in the garage. I do have to be patient at times.

No, it's not our wedding anniversary. Just another day with Jani. Thank you, Lord.